Healthy tips to prepare kids for exams
Upcoming exams will put learners of all ages under a lot of strain, which can impact their health and their grades. Make sure your kids eat right to stay happy and healthy!
Try this healthy-eating meal plan to keep your kids on track:
- Wholewheat porridge with fat-free or low-fat milk or yoghurt, plus nuts or seeds with a piece of fresh fruit.
- Toasted seed bread with a boiled egg/baked beans/peanut butter and fruit.
- Smoothie of frozen berries with yoghurt and low-fat milk.
- Provitas with hummus/peanut butter/cottage cheese.
- Yoghurt with fruit.
- Dried fruit or a dried fruit bar with nuts.
- Pita bread or seed bread sandwich with tuna/roast chicken/lean cold meat, reduced-oil mayonnaise and a salad.
- Vegetable and lentil soup with rye toast.
- Grilled fish with avocado, baby potatoes and a salad.
- Stir-fried vegetables with chicken or beef strips and brown rice.
- Wholewheat pasta with tomato and bacon sauce, with a green salad.